Wednesday 27 April 2011

The story so far...

Mood: Chuffed
Thought for the day: I might turn straight for the chance of a 3-way with Brittany & Santana
Proud moment for the day: Still going to the gym with a raging cold. MAN POINTS.
Now playing: Radiohead - High and dry

Welcome to my blog. This is my first time so, y'know, be nice and that. Or I'll tell my big brother.

A week and a half ago I officially got engaged and my aim here is to cover all the major happenings from proposal to the big day. Mostly this is for posterity but also to help me make sense of all the ball-baggery flying about my noggin.

There is a lot to consider with any standard wedding; guests, vows, colour schemes, venues, costs, music, best men, bridesmaids, food, honeymoon...the list is genuinely quite dauntingly endless. The main difference with a civil partnership is that the standard rules don't need to apply. It feels rather like a blank canvas for us to decorate with our imaginations; an idea that is both exciting and terrifying.

There are a load of questions that we've already been asked:

Joint or separate stag do's?
Do you have best men when most of your close friends are female?
Where can you/do you have the ceremony?
Are flowers too faggy to have at the reception?
Do you get engagement rings?
Are there any appropriate first dance songs?
Who proposes to who?

The last one I can answer; me. I proposed.

About us (I): We became rather inseparable from date one and things have gotten better and better. He is the best person I have ever met in every respect. I can't imagine my life without him and wanted to spend the rest of it with him. So on our anniversary in a crowded train station in Edinburgh, I proposed. I didn't want to leave that place without being engaged to him.

About us (II): In the beginning there was the word. And the word was Gaydar. Thats how we met. Now let us never speak of it again. Before we left for Edinburgh on our 5th anniversary weekend he had told me he had booked a very fancy hotel, a day in a posh spa and in the evening a meal in a gorgeous French restaurant.

Well...you would expect to be proposed to too, huh? Did it happen? Did it buggery! ALL SODDING WEEKEND I WAS EXPECTING IT! ALL SODDING WEEKEND! By the time we got to that station to come home I took the hint that he wouldn't be dropping to one knee so I took matters into my own hands.

But I did mean it. Now who asked who seems rather academic.

No comments:

Post a Comment