Sunday 27 January 2013

Big gay FAQ



What will you be doing the night before? Fancy a pint? 
Thanks for the offer but I doubt we’ll have much time to see many mates on the Friday as we’ll be too busy shaking like shitting dogs. Which is time consuming. 

How do I get to the venue? 
The postcode for sat-navs/Googlemaps is WA16 6DT. See the invite for a map, full address and list of car parks. It’s very easy to find. Scouts honour. 

What time should I arrive at The Belle Époque? 
The ceremony starts at 2pm (i.e. one/both of us will be walking down the aisle at 2pm). Aim to arrive at about 1:30pm to be safe. I’d expect guests to be called through to take seats in the ceremony room at about 1:50pm. 

What happens if I arrive late? 
The Belle Époque staff will let you know what to do. If you’re too late you may miss the ceremony so try to be early. 

I want to throw things at your head. What’s the situation with confetti? 
The venue has a charge for cleaning if we allow confetti. At the moment we’re not sure if we’re going to go with it or ban confetti. Check back here a few weeks before the day. 

Can I bring a plus one? 
A few invites state “Name and guest”. If yours doesn’t then I’m afraid not. As with all weddings we’re on a budget and can only afford to host a certain number of guests. Should anyone drop out we’ll let people know so they can bring a partner. 

Would you prefer me to get you something from the John Lewis list or a donation to your Trailfinders account? 
I can’t make this clear enough: no one is expected to get us anything at all. We are very genuinely happy just with the fact that you’ll be there. 

Seriously? 
Yep. 

For realsies? So you won’t mind if I get you a sauce-pan? 
Honestly. If you do wish to gift anything we have no preference over either account. Everything on the John Lewis list is something we need for the new house and the Trailfinders list is essentially a savings account for our big honeymoon. 

I intend to GET ON IT in the evening and am liable to need extra cash for Jägerbombs. Is there a cash point near by? 
There is. Come out of the venue, turn left and walk for about 2-3mins.  

What time will the reception end? 
The bar closes at 12:30am and last carriages are at 1am – all guests not staying over in the hotel will be asked to leave at this time. 

Can I book a room in The Belle Époque? 
Nope, super-soz. There are only seven rooms at the venue and they’re for us, our parents and a few people who have helped us out with their skills on the day. 

What hotels are in the area? 

Are there any taxi firms nearby? 

Is anyone going back into Manchester that might want to share a taxi? 
Very good question. Send me an email if this might apply to you and I’ll try and put together a group. Not in a Louis Walsh way. I wont make you sing “You raise me up”. 

Do you have any plans for the Sunday? 
Breakfast with family and then trying to see as many people as possible before they go their separate ways. If you’re going to be around Sunday afternoon or evening and want to try and catch up, let us know and we’ll try and make it happen. 

Let us know if you have any other questions, but for now...




No comments:

Post a Comment